We recognise how important your privacy and rights are, so we are committed to protecting them.
Who do we mean by we?
When we refer to ‘we’ ‘our’ or ‘us’ we mean the company The Trustee For The Spencer Brands Group Trust, trading as SourceSBG. We’re an Australian, family-owned business based in Pine Mountain, just outside Ipswich in Queensland’s southeast corner.
What do we mean by your ‘personal information’?
When we say ‘personal information’ or ‘personal data’, this includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This could include your name, address, phone number, email address, payment information and date of birth. If you can’t be identified, this policy doesn’t apply.
How do we collect your personal information?
When you interact with us, visit our stores and our website, we will collect your personal information directly from you and we may collect it in the following ways:
- through your access and use of our website
- making customer purchases online
- processing payments
- creating an account
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, social media direct messaging, telephone, direct mail or any other means)
- when you contact us for further information or register your details on our website
- when you participate in surveys and other types of research
- when you submit a review of products or service through various channels
- when you submit comments to on our own social media channels
- when you subscribe to our mailing list
What type of personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
Information that identifies you:
- your name, residential mailing, email addresses and phone numbers
- company name, ABN, billing addresses, company contacts and delivery addresses where applicable
- your date of birth, gender or age
As well as information retained with your personal information which does not identify you, including:
- purchase history, hobbies and interests, ages and genders of your children for whom you are purchasing
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
- your shopping preferences and the details of the products you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about
- information, such as contact history, which we require to deliver products you have purchased or wish to purchase and to respond to your enquiries
- device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to access or interact with us through our online store
- information collected via our secure payment processing systems
What other information do we collect from you?
We also collect information automatically, for example when you visit our website, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on.
This information helps us get a better understanding of how you are using our website and services, so we can continue to provide the best shopping experience possible. Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
To use our services, users are required to register as SourceSBG account holders. Any information that we store about you as an account holder can be viewed and changed by you, by logging into the website.
Why do we collect, use and hold your personal information?
SourceSBG collects, uses and holds your personal information to better understand your needs as a customer and to help us provide you with better service. We will endeavour to only take information from you, which is reasonably necessary for our business functions. If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our business functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
We collect, use and hold your personal information:
- to complete a transaction in store or online via our website, to provide you with the products you have requested from us and send order updates via email or SMS
- to answer your questions or customer service issues and provide you information and advice promptly whether by email, telephone or mail
- to interact with you via social media and digital marketing
- to enhance your customer experience online and help us complete your transactions faster
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website
- to conduct business administration or processing functions like creating orders, invoices, sale agreements or receipts and delivering your orders to you
- to provide personal information to our contractors, service providers or other third parties such as couriers or postal services that assist us in providing the products you have requested
- to analyse, aggregate and report, for administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research, all to improve the way SourceSBG operates
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities
Who do we share your information with?
SourceSBG respects the right of users to remain anonymous and endeavours not to knowingly disclose user identities. SourceSBG will only disclose your personal information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required by law and then only to appropriate regulatory authorities.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill our obligations in providing products and services to you. This may include IT service providers, mailing houses and digital marketing agencies, delivery services or couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing and related purposes
- to comply with any relevant law
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
What are cookies?
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit in the future. You can easily erase cookies from your computer or mobile device using your browser. For instructions on how to handle and delete cookies please look under "Help" in your browser. You can choose to disable cookies, or to receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent to your computer or mobile device. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of all our features.
If you do not wish to receive any cookies from websites, you are able to set your browser to refuse them.
How does this apply to social sharing and links to other websites?
SourceSBG may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button) on our website, which let you share actions you take on our website with other media and vice versa. The privacy settings of these social sites are neither moderated nor controlled by SourceSBG and we do not accept responsibility for the conduct of these social sharing networks. For more information on data handling by social sharing networks, please visit the privacy policies of the individual platforms. SourceSBG is also not responsible for the conduct, content or usage of third-party websites sites we may provide links to.
How do we hold your personal data?
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a variety of security measures to protect your information, including secure servers, firewalls and encryption.
We may hold your personal data in either electronic or hard copy form. If you provide information to us electronically, we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper), this information is disposed of once it has been transferred to our electronic files.
We will hold your information for as long as you have your account, the amount of time we need to provide you with the products or service you have requested, or the amount of time that is needed to provide you with support related issues. We might also retain information for a longer period if it is needed to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse and enforce our terms and conditions.
How do you contact us?
You have the right to access your records to verify, update, amend or request removal of the personal information that we have on file by contacting us and making a formal request.
Send your request via:
Phone: +61 7 5464 3745 between 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays
Mail: SourceSBG, 787 Pine Mountain Road, Pine Mountain, QLD 4306
We will endeavour to respond to your request as quickly as possible. We may ask for verification of your identity before providing access to your personal data.
This privacy statement may change periodically, so to keep up to date with our latest policy always look back to this page.